In this policy, AllianceChicago refers to AllianceChicago staff, board members, cooperating attorneys, interns, and consultants, all of whom are bound by law or contract to keep information they receive as part of their assistance to AllianceChicago confidential.
This web site, alliancechicago.org (“site”), is operated on behalf of AllianceChicago (“AllianceChicago,” “we,” “us” and “our”). It is our policy to protect your Personal Information (as defined below) and to use it in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
AllianceChicago.org servers may record the numerical Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site.
This information (“Non-Personal Information”) does NOT identify you personally. We use this Non-Personal Information to monitor the effectiveness of our site and identify areas of interest and improvements.
If you choose to use certain features and functions of the site, we ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). By providing such information, you consent to our collection and use of it, as described in this Privacy Statement. We do not collect any Personal Information about you when you visit the site unless you give us that information. The Personal Information you provide includes information provided during any registration process, including contact information, such as your name, organization name, address and email address, and phone number. Any Personal Information is stored securely at an off-site location hosted by GoDaddy.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form. Any data we request that is required will be specified as required, and otherwise the data we request is voluntary or optional.
When donating or registering on our Site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site without registering and entering personal information.
We sometimes collect information from you for a specific event, program or purpose. In that case, the information which you provide will be used only for the specific purpose identified and will only be shared with parties to complete your request.
We may also collect any other personal information that you choose to share with us, that is given to us from peer-to-peer fundraisers, or that is provided to use from third parties in connection with donations, such as from trusts and estates.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To improve our Website (we continually strive to improve our Website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- To process transactions;
- To send periodic emails;
- The email address you provide for payment processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your payment or request, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, promotions, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include an ‘unsubscribe from this list’ link at the bottom of emails. You also may remove your name from our email list at any time by sending a request to email@example.com;
- In connection with legal proceedings, such as to comply with any court order, legal process, or respond to any governmental or regulatory request;
- To transfer information in the event of an organizational restructuring;
- For system administration and internal reporting purposes; and/or,
- To monitor and evaluate our Sites and identify where we should make changes or expand services.
If we are required by law to disclose the information that you have submitted, we will attempt to provide you with notice (unless we are prohibited) that a request for your information has been made in order to give you an opportunity to object to the disclosure. We will attempt to provide this notice by email, if you have given us an email address. We will independently object to overly broad requests for access to information about users of our site. If you do not challenge the disclosure request, we may be legally required to turn over your information.
We provide links on AllianceChicago sites to other sites of interest. We do not endorse the content of these sites or guarantee that they will abide by this Privacy Statement. Your use of such linked sites is subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the providers of those sites.
We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each site that collects Personal Information.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. Cookies enable us to recognize your browser and provide features that are tailored to your needs.
Providing and Receiving Information
You can always choose not to provide information or to opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time. We can be contacted at:
Telephone: (312) 274-0068
Mail: 225 W. Illinois St, 5th Floor, Chicago, IL 60654
Changes to this Statement